The Role of Digital Advertising Agencies
Their has been much debate around the role of digital advertising agencies. In my opinion it is actually much simpler than what some people would like you to believe.
Some of the traditional marketing experts trying to move to digital will tell you that great marketing principals will hold true in any format. Digital is just one format of marketing. This is true, except any master knows their tools. Although great marketing and advertising principals are true for digital, you need to know digital, how people use it, what the trends are and how the technology works to really leverage the opportunities. On the opposite side there are digital only agencies that will let you believe what they do is all technology and because they are only digital they will get better results. In my experience a lot of these “digital only” agencies actually are really good at executing the tactics. The problem is that they fall short of targets because they don’t understand their client’s business or marketing strategy.
What I believe about digital marketing agencies is the following:
- It all starts by understanding the client’s business and product offering.
- Formulating great strategy just as important as knowing the latest digital advertising tactics.
- Having a well rounded team working on your digital strategy is essential.
- Measuring, analysing, improving and showing results is at the heart of digital advertising.
- Brand building is great for big global brands, but for the average company direct marketing digital marketing to drive new leads and sales is truly valuable.
I truly believe that an advertising agencies only exists to bring great companies (and their products) together with great customers. We only take on clients that we believe in and where our research shows that there is potential for growth.